4/6/10

For my mom and dad . . .


This is my mother . . .




She is quite the beauty . . . both inside and out!!



She is smart, kind and a joy to be with . . .



She is a sweet soft-spoken intellectual,
a gifted athlete and artist . . .




and a great mom to myself . . .



and my two brothers!!

she unfortunately
also has Alzheimer's (which her mother also had)
and has been struggling with it for years . . .


and this last week over spring break . . .

my mom had a small stroke
to the right side of her brain
and is now recovering at a center
that understands both her Alzheimer's and
her weakness from the stroke.

Each day is now different from the one before . . .

it was not the kind of visit we had planned for spring break - but I am grateful I had the time to be with both her and my father.



My dad has always been by my mom's side . . .



ever since they very first met!!



They fell in love, married . . .



and have been the best of friends (true soul mates) ever since . . .



they have literally sailed through life together . . .



finding happiness in each and every situation. . .



but . . . always together . . . always!!

To live with such love is a true gift . . .

my heart is with you both . . . I send you all my love,
blessings . . . your daughter - liz

No comments: