1/10/12

Life . . . Layered Cakes . . . and . . . Second Shout Out!!!

  I am soooooooo excited for 2012 . . . 
It is my last year before the big 50 . . . and YES - I do plan to live it up!!
It is kinda like this Cake that I have been wanting to make . . . I plan on adding lots and lots of layers this year!! I want it to be filled with fun and excitement - I want it to be a year that I will truly remember!!  
 This particular year is NOT going to be my simplifying year . . . nope - not at all . . . and secret truth is - I have always liked it this way!!
  I do like to start a new year fresh . . . taking a quick look back at the previous year and then quickly moving forward . . .
I can't begin to tell you how truly grateful I feel at the moment . . . 2011 was such an amazing year . . . for myself, my friends and family, and also for this crazy vintage world we live in!! It was a year to become closer with old friends and to bond heavily with new ones . . . it was a time for helping one another and a time for true thankfulness!!
I so look forward to much more of the same in 2012 . . . and I know it will again be filled with friendships and family . . . art nights with my daughter, Friday night football with my son . . . and hopefully a few more date nights with my sweet husband!! I also know that it will be filled with lots of hard work and dedication, a few vintage shows and online marketplaces, and hopefully much happiness, a ton of laughter, and true gratitude!! I will say here that it will most definitely be as happy, and as fun, and as rewarding as each of us want it to be - it is our choice!!
On that note . . . 
I have some very exciting news to share with all of you!! There is going to be a wonderful new online vintage marketplace that will be launching very, very soon!! I have been hinting around about it . . . and now I have to tell you that it is just around the corner! 
It is called . . . 
Second Shout Out 

It is going to be a truly AMAZING online marketplace . . . and it is going to absolutely ROCK the Vintage World in a whole new and exciting way!! The founders and masterminds of Second Shout Out are Quinton and Susan Hoover. They both have a whole new way of looking at the vintage world . . . and I think you will soon see just how much fun it is truly going to be!!

I have been dreaming of this type of online marketplace for a very long time now . . .
Dreaming of a go-to marketplace filled with all sorts of vintage goodness . . . an approachable marketplace that is filled with hand selected goods . . . a place that comes from passion and from the heart . . . a place you want to go to and be a part of . . . with items that are too good to pass up - or items that let you dream and save your pennies for!! 
And now . . . this type of online marketplace is not only going to finally exist - but I have also been given the opportunity to be a part of it all . . . as a contributing blogger for this very cool adventure!!
It is going to be such a fun year in 2012 . . . and to say that I am excited about all of this is truly an understatement!! I posted my very first introduction post on Second Shout Out just a few weeks back - right before I went away on the most amazing vacation I have ever had! (more on that later in the week) I did a post on something that is very close to my heart - Mid Century Modern and I included a fantastic video about Ray and Charles Eames who's work I adore!  (You can click here to view both the post and video.)
This first post is just the beginning of what I have in mind for the coming year - can't wait!!
Now that I am fully rested and ready for the new year ahead!! I can't wait to share all the year's details with all of you!! I have soooooo much to tell you about - including vintage show details . . . and also random thoughts on just about anything I find amusing :)
This year more than ever - I want to lighten it up and just have a lot of fun!!! :)
I do hope you will stop by from time to time and join me on what should be a truly incredible journey both here . . . and also on Second Shout Out!!! 
2012 is going to totally ROCK!!
I want to wish each one of you - the very best in the year to come . . . may it be filled with much joy . . . much happiness . . . great vintage treasures . . . and lots, and lots, and lots of delicious layered cake!! 
I believe that Cake is just like Life - it is always best when there are lots of layers to each of them . . . ummm ummm!! 
(no sheet cakes here baby!!)
And by the way - this amazing Banana Cake comes by way of Louisa Blackmore - who is going to be the Antique Restoration Contributor at Second Shout Out . . . she is also quite amazing in the kitchen!! 
Now I just have to figure out how to make this gluten free!! :)
Much love to all of you today!!
xoxo - liz
www.secondshoutout.com
and also here on Facebook!
(all photos via Second Shout Out's blog)

3 comments:

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

Just signed up Liz, congratulations!

Uncle Beefy said...

Will be off to look over Second Shout Out's site and, of course, the blog! Wow! What a great start to 2012! The cake doesn't hurt either. Just sayin'. ;)

Happy 2012, Miss Liz!!! :)

Unknown said...

Tricia . . . You will love Second Shout Out . . . and I think that Susan there will also love what you are doing!! :) xoxo

Ahhhh Mr. B. - always LOVE to see your comments - it truly is going to be a fun year!!! :) Totally miss you by the way!!! xoxo