10/30/10

a slice of gluten free heaven . .


Ok . . . 
so . . . yesterday I walked into work and saw this . . . 


my business partner brought these in to share . . .

I thought I had died and gone to heaven . . .
as I knew instantly they were both gluten free!!! 

just look at these . . .


Banana Nut Cake and Chocolate Almond Cake

I was so, so excited . . .
as last weekend I had just gone to this very special bakery for the first time 
and I ended up going back the very next day. . .

to have another slice of this amazing creation here below . . . 


Orange Almond Cake . . . 
(also gluten free!!!)
I can't even begin to tell you how good this is!! :)



They also have this amazing cheese case stocked full 
of all sorts of great things!!


and . . . I ran into an old friend of mine - Penny . . . 
she was working there that day and was so nice and helpful . . .
not only to me - but to everyone!!


I have to say -  having a great product is one thing . . . 
but to have great customer service with a smile on top of that . . .
really does make all the difference in the world!!

and if they are busy . . . 
let me just tell you . . . it is definitely worth relaxing a bit . . .
as it is soooooo worth the wait!! :)


 It is called . . .
It is located next to the Lynwood Theater here on Bainbridge Island 
and it is simply amazing!!!
(their main bakery is in Port Townsend and they also have a location in Sequim)

and for all you Bread Lovers out there . . . :)
the breads look more than wonderful I must say!!
(and my husband and son were raving about them!!)


but then again . . . who needs bread when you have this . . .

chocolate almond cake . . . 



like I said before . . . a slice of gluten free heaven!!!! 

I think I may have to go here every single day!!! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!
xoxo - liz

for more information and locations . . . click - here!!!

4 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

Those all look very, very yummy!
Happy Halloween,
Annette

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

sounds so wonderful! my son is allergic to wheat, so I love to see things that could work=)...looks divine!!
Hollie

red ticking said...

i am SO addicted to this bakery... seriously... i am so thankful it is a ferry ride away... the chocolate chip walnut cookies... brioche, sourdough bread... sorry... not gluten free for me! xoxo

Unknown said...

My list of favorites is long and growing! I love the Giacomettis, the Sourdoughs, the Fig-Anise...and Swedish Limpa Rye sparks fond memories of my Finnish grandmother's "Aiti's Limppu"